Photo of Professionals at Zimmerman & Walsh, LLP

Protecting Your Parental Rights

The end of your marriage can be an especially difficult time for your children and establishing a parenting plan and setting child support can make this time even more difficult. However, with experienced legal counsel, you can get the support your family needs during the divorce proceedings as well as strong advocacy for your needs and rights.

At Zimmerman & Walsh, LLP, we can help you protect your family throughout your divorce. We have served the needs of Winnebago County, Boone County and the surrounding area since 2004, and we will work directly with you to answer your questions, negotiate parenting time and parenting responsibility arrangements with your spouse, establish a fair child support arrangement and create a plan that helps you provide for your child.

Who Will Get The Primary Allocation of Parental Responsibilities & Parenting Time Of Your Child?

Establishing the allocation of parenting time and parental responsibilities is about doing what is best for your children even when your marriage ends. Whether you or the other parent receives the sole allocation of parental responsibilities and parenting time, or you both create a joint agreement that allows you to have equal responsibility and parenting time with your children, we will work to ensure that your situation is fully understood and that an agreement can be reached while minimizing the stress you and your children experience.

How Much Will You Have To Pay?

Your allocation of parental responsibilities arrangement is as unique as your family, and it is largely dependent on what will meet the needs of your children. A variety of factors need to be considered when financial decisions are made, including:

  • Both parents’ incomes
  • Your parenting time arrangement
  • Your children’s medical and insurance needs
  • Additional costs like day care or school expenses and activity fees

While we understand that establishing child support through negotiation is ideal, we will use our decades of experience to fight for your parental rights if necessary. We will also act as your ally if parenting time or support agreements need to be modified because one parent relocates, one parent moves for a new job or there is a change in your children’s needs. In any of these situations, we will work to create the best possible results for you and for your children.

Provide For Your Children – Contact Us Today

You deserve the counsel of a lawyer with the skill and compassion necessary to help you navigate child support and allocation of parental responsibilities and parenting time issues. To talk to us more about how you can best provide for your children during your divorce, contact us online or call 815-981-4841.